The neurology service investigates and treats diseases of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles.
The neurology service offers a comprehensive referral service for all medical and surgical neurological conditions. The experience of our Specialists combined with our excellent facilities including on site MRI scanning, electrophysiology, operating microscopy and extensive neurosurgical equipment allow us to provide one of the most advanced neurology referral services in the UK.
We have particular expertise in neurosurgery and with many years of experience, we regularly perform neurosurgery for traumatic injuries, developmental problems, vertebral instability syndromes, intervertebral disc disorders and neoplastic conditions.
As part of a multidisciplinary specialist hospital, patients benefit from the input of Specialists of other disciplines including anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, oncology and medicine to provide the best of care.
The service accepts referrals in all aspects of neurology and neurosurgery including
- Epilepsy including cases refractory to treatment
- Spinal cord diseases including disc disease, wobbler syndrome, Chiari malformation
- Congential malformations including surgery for hydrocephalus and spinal malformation
- Brain and spinal trauma including fractures
- Brain and spinal tumours including diagnosis, surgical and medical management
- Infectious and inflammatory CNS diseases
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Peripheral neuropathies
- Movement disorders